The Maqueda Lodge in located in the southern part of Kruger National Park between the Malelane Rest Camp and the Corocodile Bridge, on the border of Kruger Park. You can see the exact location on our map. Scroll down to find it!
The name of the hotel accommodation originates from the name of the Queen of the Sheba which can be translated to ''Happy Child''.
Directly at your accommodation, you will often find wild animals as there is a rich diversity of wildlife at the Maqueda Lodge. All bird and reptile lovers will enjoy their time at this wonderful lodge.
There are also many crocodiles in the nearby Crocodile River. Furthermore, over 300 species of birds can be observed in the Marlorth Reserve.
The Crocodile River runs for 17 km between the Kruger National Park and Marlorth Reserve.
Have a luxury holiday in the African bush and enjoy the amenities of the Maqueda hotel. The hotel accommodation is tastefully decorated in an African atmosphere. The restaurant offers great cuisine with international standard. Enjoy your dinner, while you listen to the sound of nature or just simply relax at the pool. The staff is nice and friendly and the management ensures that all your wishes are catered for. You will enjoy your South African holiday from the first to the last minute.
Description of the Accommodation:
- 4 luxury accommodation with double bedroom and bathroom
- The hotel rooms have been decorated in African style
- African decorations in all rooms
- All rooms feature European Standard
- The hotel rooms are equipped with mosquito nets
- All rooms have ceiling fans
- For single travelers we have separate rooms with twin beds
- Two of our hotel rooms have king-size beds
- All hotel rooms have been built with a raised wooden floor and a small pool
Location of the Hotel Accommodation
The map on the left indicated the location of the Maqueda Lodge near the Kruger National Park.
The main building has adapted to the landscape and has open spaces without any windows. You will always feel as if you are living right in the middle of the bush - at all times! Singing birds or sounds of monkeys accompany the African mood.
Click on each photo to view it in its original size!
Our Service - Restaurant
On your South African holiday, you must experience a traditional Boma. If the weather permits, a traditional African dinner will be served at the camp.
The prices for this Kruger Park Hotel:
Please write to us for rates!
Safaris und Tours
- Throughout the year, safaris at the Kruger National Park are offered. An open jeep will be used an a professional ranger will accompany you and the safari to ensure you will see a lot of African wildlife.
- Walking safaris in the morning in a private nature reserve
- Night safaris with trained personnel and tour operators
- Trips to Maputu (Mozambique)
- Day Tours - Panorama Route - Visit the 3rd largest canyon in the world - the Blyde River Canyon. On the tour we will visit God's Window, Three Rondawels, Bourke's Luck potholes
- Pilgrims Rest - old gold mining town
- Swaziland - Kingdom near the Kruger Park - Heritage Village - Markets - African art objects and glassware.
- Safari and Elephants
- Rhino sanctuaries - the largest private park with white and black rhinos
- Visit to Jane Goodall in Nelspruit - the first sanctuary for chimpanzees in Africa
- Tour to a private bird park
If you have additional questions about the hotel, so contact us. We will send you directions to the hotel, in case you are interested. On request we also offer rental cars. Our car rental fleet is represented at all major airports in South Africa.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Your Maqueda Lodge team
Back >>> Kruger Park Hotels
* tranlate: "mal" = multiply